|FLOBAX: Rebuild, Regenerate, Relieve Back Pain
FLOBAX helps regenerate and maintain good health of:
FLOBAX helps soothe lower back pain and joint pain.
- Joints, cartilage, tendons, ligaments
- Muscles, internal organs and other connective tissues
|What Happens to Our Bodies As We Age?
With aging our body looses mass. Renewal of body cells and tissue slows down, resulting in our body's natural ability to repair itself to become more limited. The accumulation of toxic chemicals from our own metabolism and the environment produces chemicals within our body (free radicals, AdvanceGlycationEnd products, etc.) that slowly destroy connective tissues.
As a result, our bodies, organs and tissues become more prone to conditions that may allow diseases to develop.
Aging, along with poor working conditions, accidents, and sports trauma may lead to the breakdown of collagen and other connective tissue molecules. This in turn can produce conditions such arthritis, spinal stenosis, and lower back pain.
- The visible results of collagen breakdown are skin wrinkles, and loss of skin and tissue elasticity.
- The invisible results of collagen breakdown are weakness of cartilage, tendons and ligaments, as well as loss of bone density. Although this loss may be partially due to a calcium deficit, collagen is 25-50% of bones' protein matrix.
More than 50% of today's 65-year-olds will suffer some degree of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is the most common cause of premature disablement.
Slowing Down the Aging Process
We have no control of our genetic background. But, we do have some control of life style choices.
Lifestyle choices include:
Diet can decrease age-related inflammatory conditions. Positive choices include foods containing Omega 3 rather than trans and saturated fat, and food and beverages with a low glycemic index.
Exercise helps stimulate the turnover of connective tissue, increase basal metabolism, as well as blood and lymph circulation.
- Stress Management
Many stress management techniques exist, including meditation.
- Dietary Supplements
Numerous dietary supplements have proven to be effective.
What Body Components Help Keep Us Functional?
Collagen, glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate are among the most important of our bodies' components.
Collagen maintains the physical integrity and the biological functions of the tissues and organs which make up our skin, bones, and cartilage. It is the "glue of life".
More than 30% of the human body's protein is collagen. Collagen composes:
- Most of the skin's proteins (primarily in the derma)
- Almost half of the bones' protein
- A large part of ligament and tendon molecules
- 2/3's of most joint cartilage, including the inter-vertebral discs
Because the role of collagen in cartilage is to provide resistance to compression, a deficit of collagen will have serious consequences for joints. In combination with other important connective tissue molecules, including glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate, collagen forms the complex matrix that allows our bodies to make the movements needed for daily activities.